PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
The government is providing £450 million for improving Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16.
To find out more about this national funding please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/getting-more-people-playing-sport/supporting-pages/school-pe-and-sport-funding
In 2014/15 we were allocated £9,220 PE and Sport Premium Funding. Our key objectives were to:
- maintain and improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE by continuing to provide quality, specialist teaching and coaching for curriculum PE and after school activities;
- continue to participate in local inter-schools competitive and non competitive sports and PE events to increase engagement and enjoyment;
- achieve Healthy Schools Silver Award by continuing to promote a healthy lifestyle, both at school and at home;
- continue to improve the quality of provision for PE, including the spaces used and equipment/resources.
In 2014/15 the funding was used to:
- hire qualified sport coaches for tennis, cricket and swimming;
- provide cover to release our specialist PE teacher to attend training and to work with external advisers in preparing, delivering and reviewing Healthy Schools actions plans;
- fund places for pupils in after school sports clubs;
- renew AstroTurf line markings to facilitate teaching of a wide range of team games;
- provide training for lunchtime supervisors and teaching assistants to increase physical activity during playtimes;
- purchase additional PE resources and equipment to enable a wide range of sports to be played and enjoyed;
- provide cover for staff to supervise and support pupils at sports competitions.
The school was awarded the Silver Healthy Schools Award in July 2015. To find out more about this award, please click on the link below.