St. Mary of the Angels Catholic Primary School
Admissions Consultation 2021/22
The Governing Body of St. Mary of the Angels Catholic Primary School is consulting on the school’s Admissions Policy for the academic year 2021/22.
The Governing Body propose to make the following changes to the 2020/21 Admissions Policy:
- Reduce the published admissions number from 45 to 42
- Remove the following from the oversubscription criteria
- Criteria 2 - Baptised Catholic children with a Certificate of Catholic Practice who are resident in the Parishes of St. Mary the of the Angels, Our Lady Queen of Heaven or Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Vincent de Paul;
- The wording ‘resident in other parishes’ from Criteria 3
- Criteria 7 - Christians of other denominations whose application is supported by a letter from their Minister of Religion
- Criteria 8 - Children of other faiths whose application is supported by a letter from their religious leader confirming membership of that faith community.
Therefore, the propsoed oversubscription criteria for 2021/22 is as follows:
1. Catholic ‘looked after’ children and Catholic previously ‘looked after’ children;
2. Baptised Catholic children with a Certificate of Catholic Practice;
3. Other baptised Catholic children;
4. Other ‘looked after’ children and previously ‘looked after’ children;
5. Children of catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church;
6. Any other children.
The full draft Admissions Policy for 2021/22 can be found by clicking on the document below.
The consultation period is from 16th December 2019 to 26th January 2020. Please address any comments in writing to Mrs M Wilson, Headteacher, at the school address or via email to
|Admissions Policy 2021/22 FOR CONSULTATION||[pdf 516KB]|