Eligibility and How to Apply for Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
Infant free school meals in England
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they’re in:
- Year 1
- year 2
How to apply
If you think you may be eligible, please visit the online Free School Meals Eligibility Checker at www.fsm.lgfl.net (or click on the link below) and follow the onscreen instructions. Even if your child receives a free school meal because they are in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, your eligibility will bring additional funds into the school.
You may also apply using the application form below if you are a Westminster resident. Paper copies are available on request from the school office. Please make an appointment to see Mrs Coleman (School Business Manager) if you have any questions regarding eligibilty or how to apply.