Applying for Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based and Contribution based JSA and ESA on an equal basis
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (supported by the National Asylum Support Service or their home local authority’s central asylum team)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that as of April 2016 does not exceed £16,190. (Parents will need to send a copy of the form TC602 - Inland Revenue Tax Credit Award Notice).
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks (only) after they stop qualifying for Working Tax credit.
- Universal Credit
How to apply
If you think you may be eligible, please visit the online Free School Meals Eligibility Checker at www.fsm.lgfl.net (or click on the link below) and follow the onscreen instructions. Even if your child receives a free school meal because they are in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, your eligibility will bring additional funds into the school.
You may also apply using the application form below if you are a Westminster resident. Paper copies are available on request from the school office. Please make an appointment to see Mrs Coleman (School Business Manager) if you have any questions regarding eligibilty or how to apply.