PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
The government is providing £450 million for improving Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/ 16.
In the summer term of 2014, St. Mary of the Angels was awarded the Silver Healthy Schools Award having achieved the Bronze Award in 2013 and Enhanced Healthy Schools Status in 2011. As of January 2015, we are one of only 59 schools in London that have achieved the silver award and we are now busy working towards achieving the Gold award.
In 2013/14 we were allocated £9,235 PE and Sport Premium Funding
The funding was used to:
- hire qualified sport coaches for tennis, cricket and swimming: £ 4000
- provide cover to release our specialist PE teacher to attend training: £200
- fund places for pupils in after school clubs: £300
- provide AstroTurf line markings to improve provision for teaching a range of team games: £2800
- provide training for lunchtime supervisors and pupil 'Play leaders' to increase physical activity during lunchtime play: £300
- purchase additional PE resources and equipment to enable a wider range of sports to be played: £1085
- purchased a scooter rack to encourage more children to scoot to school: £550