Special Educational Needs
“There is a variety of gifts but always the same spirit: there are all sorts of service to be done but always the same Lord”
(1 Corinthians 12 4-7)
Below is a summary of the principles underpinning the current SEN Code of Practice which became statutory in September 2014.
Local authorities, in carrying out their functions, must have regard to:
- the views, wishes and feelings of the child or young person, and their parents;
- the importance of the child or young person, and their parents, participating as fully as possible in decisions; and being provided with the information and support necessary to enable participation in those decisions;
- the need to support the child or young person, and their parents, in order to facilitate the development of the child or young person and to help them achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes, preparing them effectively for adulthood.
These principles are designed to support:
- The involvement of children, parents and young people in decision making
- The identification of children and young people’s needs;
- Collaboration between education, health and social care services to provide support;
- High quality provision to meet the needs of children and young people with SEN;
- Greater choice and control for young people and parents over their support;
- Successful preparation for adulthood, including independent living and employment.
St. Mary of the Angels SEN Information Report, sometimes referred to as the 'School Offer', is a guide for parents and carers on how we work closely with them to identify and provide support for children with special educational needs and disabilities. This can be found by clicking on the SEN Information Report' link below. If you have any queries regaridng the school offer please contact our SENCO, Neysa Claridge, via the school number or email email@example.com
|SEN School Offer / Report 2019/20||[pdf 633KB]|
|SEN Policy||[pdf 791KB]|
The Westminster ‘Local Offer’ is a guide to the services that are available for children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities and can be found by clicking on the 'Local Offer' link below.
Other useful links